Km: 59,72 - Difficulty: Moderate - Approximate duration: 3 h.
Points of interest:
• Es Grau and Vall de Superna
• Coll d'en Claret
• Port de Valldemossa
We set off from Ciclos Bimont, taking the MA-1041 in the direction of Puigpunyent. Once there, we turn right along the MA-1101, beginning the ascent to “Es Grau” (468m.). We gain height and can enjoy views of the town we have just left behind. The second part of the ascent takes us through a stretch of trees which shelters us from the sun and heat.
The descent through the valley, with typically Mediterranean vegetation, is one of the most beautiful stretches in the whole of Mallorca.
Upon reaching the MA-1100, we come across La Granja d'Esporles, a beautiful, tenth century mansion that it is worthwhile visiting. From here, we take a left and then, at the next crossroads, we take a right along the MA-10 and head up to Coll d’en Claret, from where we will have clear views over Palma Bay and then, on our descent, over Serra de Tramuntana and the sea, which is where we head to.
After a long straight stretch, we take a left turn to begin the descent towards Port de Valldemossa, crossing Pla des Rei and beginning our descent towards the sea via a narrow, winding road built over a former smuggler’s route. On the return journey we encounter difficult stretches, with an average incline of around 10%, reaching 15% in places.
Once recovered from the effort, we head towards Valldemossa where, besides taking a break to gather our strength, we can take a tour of the town.
- IV Marxa Cicloturista "Día de les Illes Balears"
- Cycle tourism in Mallorca, VIII Marxa de Llevant
- II Mallorca Classic by Max Hürzeler
- V Trobada Cicloturista Fèmines Alaró - Orient, Mallorca
- Mallorca cycling, Ruta Trencagarrons 2011
- V Marxa Cicloturista "Día de les Illes Balears"
- Mallorca Cycling, IX Marxa de Llevant
- VI Trobada Cicloturista Fèmines Alaró - Orient, Mallorca